Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now we are Eight
Ellie has surprised us all and gave birth to a little boy this morning - sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy.

Had a quick mad panic to get the big girls off to the shepherd, straw on the floor and big kids off to the maternity wing so Ellie could have some peace - Mum and kid will be swapped over tonight just before the big girls come back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awwwwww,,,cute!

gorgeous!

So it wasn't wind after all Big Grin
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
Awww bless her,you did suspect a while back,congratulations im glad she is ok She didnt want to be left out!! lol. lovely baby :wub:

Lovely to have another one even the numbers up Zoe  Confusedmile:

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
What a beautiful little boy.      Eight is a good number Zoe....Smile

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Lovely to see the new arrival Zoe! He's cute and very photogenic isn't he! Bet you don't often get surprises like that before breakfast!

You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
oh how lovely, he is beautiful, well done Ellie Big Grin
Oh lovely!
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Little Ellie and her boy are now in the big run with the big kids - Ellie's a bit worried but her little boy is a real live wire and loving it!

I will take pictures later - he is a beautiful little kid

What a lovely surprise.Well done Ellie. :dancin

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
You know they say watch the quiet ones well, again Ellie has surprised me - she has been in the big run with her kid and the big kids all day.  This evening when the mums came home Ellie (who is bottom of the pecking order) went for the next goat up the line from her, Daisy - poor Daisy doesn't have any horns whereas Ellie does; the whole episode lasted about half an hour and I'm not sure who won but I think Ellie did, Daisy is bleeding from both 'horns' and her udder - Frankie (top goat) interviened and tried splitting them up quite a few times but neither took much notice from what I could see - I grabbed Ellies kid out of the run when he went to Ellie and nearly got caught up in the whole thing, I have to say it really was very hard to see and watch knowing that you had to keep out of it - so I just sat there with the kid in my arms, who fell asleep!!

They are all milked now and have had their hard feed but Ellie is still 'looking for it' - hopefully it won't kick off again in the morning

oh no how scary for you, do you think Ellie was feeling protective of the kid or just trying to climb the ladder within the herd?

hope that either way they have sorted it once and for all, otherwise they may have to be separated until they are all going back out with the shepherd.

didn't realise goats had a pecking order, must have been very hard to not intervene!