Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello (again)
Hi all, most of you remember me when I live in the UK and was on the forum a couple of years ago.  I moved to North Carolina in 2011.  We have since built a coop with a covered run and as of last Sunday, I have 3 pullets!   I have a Black Cochin (Betty) a very pretty Buff Amerucana (Dallas) who will lay blue eggs and a PBR (Daisy).

I have written a blog on the building of our coop but was not sure if it was OK to post a link to it?

Not having hens for a couple of years, these last few days have been a great reminder!    I just have more predators to deal with this time and the intense heat.   I think my little Cochin may suffer the most,  it was 26C today and she was panting but the temperature can go up to 42C Confusedcared:  Even at night it is still very hot and humid in the late Spring/Summer.

For those of you who remember Pollo, she is living the life of luxury in Berkshire and still lays an egg every other day.  I was there last week visiting her Big Grin

Hope you are all doing well.

Chickens - always looking for new ways to train their owners
Lovely to hear from you again.  I am delighted you have got some girls again at last - the heat out here matches what you get and I haven't had any losses yet from it and don't hear about any neighbours loosing hens through it either so hopefully they will be fine :thumbup1:

doesn't match the heat we get here at the moment ... My penguins are laying well laugh

Welcome Home P&P

ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
Hello again,lovely to hear from you. :k9:

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Good stuff J, they look lovely. x

A Doris lookalike....
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Welcome back P&P  Confusedmile:  It is good to hear you are keeping again.

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Hallo, good to hear from you again and that you have chickens now. Could do with a bit of your heat here at the moment.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Hi p&p, so pleased you have your own chooks again, now you can do some paintings from them,

don't know if you put up a link but I haven't seen it yet, look forward to seeing your girlies. 

Hi P&P glad you got hens again to enjoy. We coud really do with some of your heat. happy to share lack of ours!

Hi P&P,lovely to hear from you!.How lovely you have got some girls again,enjoy them. Its great to hear that pollo is still going strong x

Welcome back, good to hear you have some more girls!

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Hi, welcome back

p.s what does PBR stand for ? (daisy)

Plymouth Barred Rock (I think!)
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Thanks everyone!  Yes, Plymouth Barred Rock.  She is the most friendly out of the 3 so far. 

Chickens - always looking for new ways to train their owners
the makings of an Autosexing breed eh Mark something x PBR = Black hens + Barred Cockerels Big Grin

ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool