Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chilly!
Just collected the eggs from today (OH had shut the chooks up, but not got the eggs out) and they're frozen! One of them has cracked lengthways all along one side!!

I feel so sorry for the chooks being outside in this weather Sad
Not very nice out,not long got back in and it's -6 here outside and set to go colder.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I've just got back from dog training and on the slip road off the A2 the back end of the car went in the ice.. gaggagagagag as I steered into it and got the car back.. -6 here too!!
Gee, and here I thought I was the only one who had exploding frozen eggs! You guys are really getting it over there! :kitty
Brrrrrrrr! We only got to -5 here but I think they got it -10 just up the road in Cumbria. I've never known it so cold! The long break from the constant rain has been nice though, it really feels like we're having a winter :001_smile:
I agree on the nice break from rain! I hate the stuff when it is cold and nothing is growing so everything is just mud!
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[quote name='Lucyhappy']Brrrrrrrr! We only got to -5 here but I think they got it -10 just up the road in Cumbria. I've never known it so cold! The long break from the constant rain has been nice though, it really feels like we're having a winter :001_smile:[/QUOTE]

we're basking in a sultry 0 here today
The snow has been melting here so our satelite is working again :001_smile:
just checked the beebs weather - basically still blimmin cold for England/Wales everyday (maybe a break Thursday daytime) until Monday when things pick up again. NI has some cold days too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/t...tml#no_url
BBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

IT IS COLD!!!!!

I am cold enough sat inside here, and am so grateful for my electric blanket at night, but i do feel so sorry for my chooks!

They have had extra bedding and warm mash every day, but my word they must still be so cold. I am thankful i am not a chook at the moment!
I can resist everything except temptation......
My mum told me today of a lady in Lynmouth who rescues chickens, she has an aga cooker and heats large stones in the bottom aga during the day and takes it out for the birds at night, apparently they are all huddled up next to it in the morning! Poor things
[quote name='Milkermel']My mum told me today of a lady in Lynmouth who rescues chickens, she has an aga cooker and heats large stones in the bottom aga during the day and takes it out for the birds at night, apparently they are all huddled up next to it in the morning! Poor things[/QUOTE]

What a good idea. You can also heat stones in a slow cooker (as used in hot stone massage). The stones retain heat for some time, so I'd imagine it would keep the hen house warmer at night. Might have to give it a go :001_rolleyes:
[quote name='Lass']What a good idea. You can also heat stones in a slow cooker (as used in hot stone massage). The stones retain heat for some time, so I'd imagine it would keep the hen house warmer at night. Might have to give it a go :001_rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Your birds are so so spoilt Lass. Could you whisper please so mine can't hear or they will be packing their little bags:kitty
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Agreed Squizzers, squelchy winter mud before spring is a nightmare. It's a joy to see the bulbs eventually start peeping through to let you know spring is on it's way :001_smile:

Heh he! rlucas, you Scott's are well hard. We're a bunch of pansy's really when it comes to a minus temp eh :blushing:laugh
Well its been a beautiful day here, we were sitting outside this morning basking in the warm sunshine. The ground is still a bit frozen but nothing like as bad.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going