Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ellie's Due
glad you managed to deal with it, think it would make me quite queezy, but these things have to be done.

The vet has been - he got the rest of the muck out and gave her an antibiotic injection that will last for three days.  I also have a liquid antibiotic in a syringe that is put into the wound twice a day so hopefully it won't take long to mend.  I am keeping her back from the shepherd until it looks good enough to survive grazing with the flock.

He cheked her pregnancy and he said he wouldn't be surprised if she weren't pregnant - could be a phantom one or could be nothing so once she is healed then out she goes and we'll see what happens! 

It was pretty disgusting I will admit

Quote:glad you managed to deal with it, think it would make me quite queezy, but these things have to be done.
Ah bless her,im glad the wound is now sorted and hopefully will mend cleanly in a few days.

I told you she just liked her food lol!!

I thought it might be an abcess,re the pregnancy can you have her scanned or is that impossible out there in the sticks?

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Zoe hi,how is Ellie doing now?

Are all the mommies and babies going well?

Ellie is much better and had her first day out with the shepherd yesterday, I am pretty certain she isn't going to have babies unless she has only just got pregnant, which is a possibility.

The other three are doing well and Daisy is giving me about 3/4 litre of milk a day along with feeding her little one

glad all has worked out, reckon Ellie just didn't want to be left out   laugh

that's a good quantity of milk from one little goat, how long do you think you will be able to keep milking her? will she have to have kids again next spring to keep the supply up?

That's good news Zoe,  you can stop worriting now Smile
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Am glad all is well with all the goats and kids. You will have to update pics in a few weeks so we can see how theyve grown.

Thankyou for sharing their story with us,its been lovely following them x

yes good news about all the goats and their kids. Bet they are growing fast! good to be getting milk from one od them Smile