Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eggs on ebay all six in fertile
[quote name='Milly']Bought six rare lavender orpington eggs on ebay, candled at 13 days, all six are in fertile. emailed the seller, basically didn't want to know. I have sold lots of eggs on ebay and most of them have hatched, never had one complaint, and if I had, I would replace the eggs. Its not too much of a hard deal is it to replace the eggs.

How can posting the eggs make them in fertile, or am I being a little thick?:thumbdown:[/QUOTE]

Join the club, I also purchased the Auracana eggs , and not on hatched. All infertile. Sent him an email but he never replied so just left neg feedback and can only hope others read it before they purchase. So annoying I know .:thumbdown:
Dont see the point of leaving negative feedback just because an egg is infertile. That's a bit like blackmailing the seller, replace or else. An egg is an egg; you pay and you take the chance. I incubate most of my own eggs and fertility is never 100% and at certain times of the year, or the season, 0% but so what. Even a woman is not fertile all of the time!!
[quote name='AboutEggs']Dont see the point of leaving negative feedback just because an egg is infertile. That's a bit like blackmailing the seller, replace or else. An egg is an egg; you pay and you take the chance. I incubate most of my own eggs and fertility is never 100% and at certain times of the year, or the season, 0% but so what. Even a woman is not fertile all of the time!![/QUOTE]

I think the negative is left when nothing hatches,they are sold as hatching eggs.

Otherwise you may aswell buy eggs from the supermarket cheaper and expect them to hatch.

A decent seller will replace eggs,if nothing hatches.:001_smile:
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
This is not a good time to buy hatching eggs.

Most birds are winding down for the winter, with the limited daylight hours you must expect a lower level of fertility.

You might expect 50% fertility at this time of year. Then the shaking in posting can damage fertile eggs, stopping their development before it has begun (this will result in a blood ring when incubated).

So if you buy hatching eggs this time of year, don't expect more than 1 chick per 6 eggs posted. I personally wouldn't pay money for that sort of return.

Wait until spring.

cheers

Stickfish
I agree with most of your comments here.I have also bought ebay eggs,some have been wonderful,others not so,but when buying i have taken that gamble myself and know its not guaranteed.I do feel that if a seller is contacted they should at least reply,nicely!I also feel the feedback system is totally rubbish,why bother having a feeback system when you cant leave neutral or negative feedback,people should be aware of the whole picture before purchasing(anything).Most people who buy eggs do know that this time of year the eggs are not so good,although some get lucky.I will hopefully have another go next year myself(as iv always got broodys) and hope to get some ixxy eggs from one of our members,and some from ebay maybe.But even using one of our members,i would still buy in the knowledge that the post can interfere,and not all may be fertile,but thats a gamble that i take when purchasing.
I agree the seller should deal with a customer fairly.

Fertile eggs I sell from the house I will guarantee fertile (and replace or refund if not).

I sell eggs through ebay and stop when the eggs start to be less reliable.

Still the last batch can be less than ideal and if a customer contacts me with a genuinly infertile batch, I offer some free eggs and the start of the following season (usually with P&P paid by the customer).

I ask that buyers leave feedback based on the receipt of intact, well packed eggs. Follow up feedback is the way to leave information on fertility and hatch rates but be clear you understand the difference between fertile, infertile and eggs that failed to hatch. This way your feedback is accurate, fair to the seller and informative to other potential buyers. If the postie drops the packet or you make mistakes in the incubation and fail to hatch anything, it's not the fault of the seller.

cheers

Stickfish
i agree there,stickfish,though im sure there are some less than honest sellers out there.
Yes there are. The worst I have experienced is someone selling fertile crossbred eggs as pure bred eggs. You pay top dollar for a specific breed but after a good hatch you are left with a load of useless, odd looking birds that either need to be culled or need separate housing etc.!

Hopefully fair and accurate feedback will allow buyers to choose between good and bad sellers.

Buyers have a responsibility to other buyersto leave honest follow up feedback.

Cheers

Stickfish
I bought six Lavender eggs on e-bay only 2 hatched and both where boys 1 black and 1 lavender. seller told me if you get 50% hatching from posted eggs that is a good result would not replace the other 4. Debz