Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feed Price Watch
I usually pay £7.50 for 20 kgs Allan & Page delivered by Pakenham Mill.

Bury Feeds in Bury St Edmunds £9.60 for the same thing
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
£8.50 Knights Pet Shop Hawthorn rd Kingstanding.
7.65 argo layers pellets from trophy pet foods walkington east yorks
Just managed to drop onto 20 Kg Layers pellets (Farmgate from BOCM Pauls) for £5.60/bag.

This was at Windymillers, Brandon, Suffolk. Cash sales only.
manor farm in essex 20kg of layer pellets £5.80
When you put prices in here, please can you also put in the make of the feed you have purchased please. Makes it a lot more helpful to know which feed is 'cheeper' when one goes shopping! Smile
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Our local pet store sell Layers at £7 and organic at £8
Countrywide Layers pellets £6.49. for 20kg this morning.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
My local pet store, Solway Pet Supplies sell 20kg layers pellets for 6 quid. I can get Farmgate layers from Watsons in Workington for 6.50 for 20kg. Not bad i thought.
Todays Countrywide Layers Pellets £6.49 Mixed Corn £5.99
Old Mill lane Animal Feeds in Mansfield sell Farmgate layers 20kg for £5.60

Sometimes it goes up and down but only slightly. I'm not sure if farmgate is a good brand? My warrens seem to do well with it but my orpington hen appears to be egg bound this weekend. Is there not a great deal of calcium in the mix? I read that it was a complete feed. They get greens from the allotment as a suppliment in anycase.
I pay £6 for Farmgate layers pellets at a farm shop near Balsall Common, Solihull.

My chooks have been on it for a while, and doing well, but I do give grit/shell too.
This mornings prices at Countrywide Mixed Corn 20kg £6.19 Layers pellets 20kg £6.59.
[quote name='T.O.R.' date='12 May 2008 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1210618298' post='68623']

Millers at Much Poole Nr Preston, Lancs

Layer Pellets ?5.80 for a 20kg bag (as at 10/5/08)

[/quote]

Farmways layers pellets £7:5p for 25Kilos most come in 20 kilo sacks so beware, it makes a condsiderable difference.
Just thought I would let you know that I ordered a bulk order (50 tonnes) of chicken feed, layers, growers, crumb etc. and prices for feed has gone up by 30p per bag due to the wheat shortage. Hopefully it's just going to be a one off but I can see suppliers trying to sneak in a few extra price hikes before the end of the year!