Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkest maran egg?
[quote name='chickenlicken']Thank you for your replies. I am more concerned about egg colour than with numbers. I'd be happy to have a hen who lays 3-4 a week or 120-150 p/a but lays a truely dark egg. I have the other girls doing far too much laying for us at the moment, so would like to cut down the flock more and introduce new birds which lay different colour eggs.Big Grin[/QUOTE]

And another one bites the dust!Big Grin You are doing what I did! Get lots of different colours/types and sell on some of the egg layers!
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Hang on, I will go and get my camera!

cheers

Stickfish
[quote name='Squizzers']And another one bites the dust!Big Grin You are doing what I did! Get lots of different colours/types and sell on some of the egg layers![/QUOTE]

No regrets then Squiz? Your lovely layers are doing well, but I do fancy a bit of variety now as well.Smile
Ooooh, watch that slippery slope Peardrops!

Sue
Some maran eggs in my lovely new Octagon 40DX.

I took one out and put it next to a Cream Legbar egg for contrast as the flash makes them look lighter than they really are.

I got the eggs from 12 black copper marans from rachels3308 and 6 blue copper marans from wstantonuk2002 on ebay.

I can't vouch for the fertility yet but they were well packed.

cheers

Stickfish

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They are gorgeous Stickfish!

I hope this lot work out for you and you get some lovely dark egg laying Marans. Restore our faith in E-bay egg sellers!

Sue
[quote name='stickfish']Hang on, I will go and get my camera!

cheers

Stickfish[/QUOTE]

Thats what I like to hear stickfish - thanks!
[quote name='Squizzers']And another one bites the dust!Big Grin You are doing what I did! Get lots of different colours/types and sell on some of the egg layers![/QUOTE]

Sell the egg layer???? We eat them!!! hehehe :p Big Grin

Three in the freezer, and another 2 I have an eye on destined for the freezer!!!