Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Eggs!
[quote name='Squizzers']Not seen that before Zen-man! Weird![/QUOTE]

What are those thing called that they find in rocks look like a spiral snail,thats what the pointed end of the egg looked like.:eek: A very old egg freshly laidBig Grin
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
[quote name='Squizzers']The problem with wet mash is that you must only feed enough for them to eat in 10 mins. I think you possibly were mixing up a lot more than that. It goes sour very quickly you see! They are eating the dry mash up because it tastes good. if they don't like wet mash, don't sweat it, they will be quite happy on dry! I do mix poultry spice and oil into my mash as well which may make a difference, I don't know![/QUOTE]

Thanks squizzers. Yes,I reckon I was giving them far too much and I didn"t realise it went sour.They seem much happier since I"ve given them dry mash and I have been putting some poultry spice in it as well which they seem to love! Anyway,eggs look back to normal today,still large though ,

all 75g+!Smile
[quote name='zenith']What are those thing called that they find in rocks look like a spiral snail,thats what the pointed end of the egg looked like.:eek: A very old egg freshly laidBig Grin[/QUOTE]

Were you thinking of ammonite?
I think he was... just go down under the cliffs at Beachy Head just outside Eastbourne and you"ll find loads of those fossils(and even MORE fossils that reside in the town !!:p )
[quote name='montymonster']I think he was... just go down under the cliffs at Beachy Head just outside Eastbourne and you"ll find loads of those fossils(and even MORE fossils that reside in the town !!:p )[/QUOTE]

We all become fossils one day :p MontyWink

Ammonite, thats the one I meant thankyou k9Smile
Think I"m already halfway there zenith!(I live in Bexhill remember???)
[quote name='montymonster']Think I"m already halfway there zenith!(I live in Bexhill remember???)[/QUOTE]

LOL don't know about the Bexhill hill bit,but if you are only half way there to being a fossil then you must still be a spring chickenWink Big Grin
So nice of you to say but I"m 40 ,so even stretching the imagination.

...I"m no spring chicken....maybe a wise old bird! Big Grin
[quote name='montymonster']So nice of you to say but I"m 40 ,so even stretching the imagination.

...I"m no spring chicken....maybe a wise old bird! Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Life begins at forty or so they say,I didn't notice it much, got to 49 and it fell apart as I knew it.Got past the big 50 and on the way to the other big 0.Sad Smile