Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Eggs!!!!!!
[quote name='chickenlicken']Thank you for the PM dave, I will get hold of them over the weekend.

Zoe I have looked at the scotland place - kintaline - put am put off by the pric tag of £3 or £2.50 per hatching egg! I'd probably pay that for day old but not hatching eggs.[/QUOTE]

I know chap who's number I gave you,I wouldn't expect him to charge anywhere near the above prices.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
[quote name='Zoë']I quite agree chickenlicken, I wouldn't pay that either, I didn't realise they charged that much, sorry :o[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I was looking at their site and was getting quite excited about doing an order until I clicked on the pricelist :

http://www.poultry-farm.co.uk/price.html

Sad
Chickenlicken heres a web site you maybe interested in they do several kinds of French Maran hope it helps

VORWERKWink

http://www.baythornefowl.fabchicks.co.uk/
And heres the French Maran website in English

http://marans-club.club.fr/indexang.htm#...0de%20page
I would pay that price for eggs i have collected myself in person and I think thats what kintaline want, they dont like posting.

They are expensive but for foundation utility stock you'd be hard pressed to get better at this time, they've been strictly breeding for utility for years.
[quote name='TradBritFowlCo']I would pay that price for eggs i have collected myself in person and I think thats what kintaline want, they dont like posting.

They are expensive but for foundation utility stock you'd be hard pressed to get better at this time, they've been strictly breeding for utility for years.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you entirely but only if you wanted to use the eggs as the basis for a hatching flock. I only want pullets as I'm not supposed to keep cockrels on the allotment - I'm just being a bad boy and accidently non correctly sexing a light sussex cockrel!! Big Grin Even though it's soooooo obvious as he's 1/3 bigger than the pullets, has huge comb and wattles, and has the biggest tail ever!! hehehe Big Grin
hey, we all make mistakes Wink

I've had it with hatching eggs through the post - when i hatched my own eggs i had 100% hatch rate, not a single infertile egg! This year I've had about 60 in the incubator and ended up with a handful of useful birds....in future i will only be buying live birds Smile
My last lot of posted eggs were a 6/6 hatch so I think some of it is luck and the rest is where the eggs have come from and the post
Just been up to inspect my inci! Nothing seems to be happening to the eggs yet, suppose 3 hours is a bit soon!Big Grin
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Umm, yes Squizzers - did you dream you heard cheeping last night?:rolleyes:
[quote name='Zoë']Umm, yes Squizzers - did you dream you heard cheeping last night?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Would have been difficult as they were not in the incubator until this am! Had a very good sleep, but woke up with a huge lump of excitement when my eyes opened 'cause I was going to put eggs in the machine!Big Grin (I really must grow up a bit more - this is becoming ridiculous!)
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers