Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eggs in winter???
[quote name='Peardrops']Does anyone live near? Who could nip round and put a few in his nestboxes while he is not looking?Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Sneaky Peardrops but I like it Big Grin
[quote name='Peardrops']Does anyone live near? Who could nip round and put a few in his nestboxes while he is not looking?Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Where does he live?could anyone "drop"some off by carrier pigeonBig Grin
I need some posting to me Sad
My gran always fed her hens hot mash first thing in the morning - she said to keep the hens in lay, but I have to ask, if light is what makes the hen lay, why should she lay when there is so little natural light! I do still feed my hens hot mash though - just in case!Big Grin
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[quote name='TradBritFowlCo']I need some posting to me Sad[/QUOTE]

Sorry t.b.f,cant spare any,i only got 12 today!
Just thought I'd let you know, I bought one of the solar lights advertised on Ebay. Although it works well - charges up nicely and lasts up to 5 hours as described, the light is not bright enough! My chickens behave as if it isn't there at all. It could be because they live in a 5' x 7' shed. It might work better in a smaller area.
[COLOR="Green"]Hello solopuff and welcome to the forum. Thanks for that information ~ very useful. Probably it would have come in handy when I was trying to tempt the babies into their small house only 3' x 3'. In the end I used an inspection lamp wired to a cross beam, with the wire taken up into a tree and over to the kitchen window and into a socket in there.

It's nice to know that they're not so effective for a larger area. What size bulb did you have in it? Could you have put a larger one in and had more light but for a shorter period of time do you think?[/COLOR]
Nice of you to let us know, thanks!