Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have egg, but...
What colour are the eggs? I've just looked on the breeds you have ~ you only have light sussex large fowl. You would know the difference between a lf egg and a bantam. The ones that are coming up to lay or actually laying will have the redder combs and wattles. Andalusians lay white eggs, sussex tinted brown eggs.
[quote name='summayah][FONT=Comic Sans MS]What colour are the eggs? I've just looked on the breeds you have ~ you only have light sussex large fowl. You would know the difference between a lf egg and a bantam. The ones that are coming up to lay or actually laying will have the redder combs and wattles. Andalusians lay white eggs, sussex tinted brown eggs.[/FONT'][/quote]

SSSwhat I said earlier, I know it won't be the bantams. Are you having a confused day again :p
Mentioning that you are 'sure it's the sussex' ~ indicates that you had a possibility that it was someone else ~ passing duck perhaps or pigeon ?

The trouble with having more that the one girl of any breed, is that you don't always know who is laying. On the other hand if you have one of a lot of breeds who lay similar colours ~ you still don't know!
I have managed to work out who lays what egg out of my girls, it is amazing how different eggs are from hens of the same breed. I do only have 5 girlies though, so it is quite easy to notice who popped out of the house, then go and collect her egg. We now have the choice of whose chook egg you want on toast Big Grin
Do they argue over who gets which or do they take it in turns?
good for you that you have had some eggs newse and how did the boys like them?
[quote name='Ali Bongo']good for you that you have had some eggs newse and how did the boys like them?[/quote]

Yum yum pigs bum Big Grin
You have such a nice turn of phrase, newse
[quote name='summayah][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You have such a nice turn of phrase, newse[/FONT'][/quote]

We always use that in our family even the kids!!

Full of steak dinner now, going to persuade Stell I NEED more chickens!!

Bye all
[quote name='newse']Yum yum pigs bum Big Grin[/quote]

I was thinking more how refined he came across :rolleyes: Big Grin
Did I lead a sheltered life?

We had

Yummy, yummy piggies tummy! Big Grin
Peardrops Wrote:Did I lead a sheltered life?

We had

Yummy, yummy piggies tummy! Big Grin

I must have done too Peardrops :rolleyes: