Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dispatching!
That is very true Eglwyseg - I would hate any chook to die a slow death or thrashing about as I have seen others do. I know the thrashing can be reflexes but not pleasant to see....
(08-10-2019, 10:01 PM)scotsfran Wrote: That is very true Eglwyseg - I would hate any chook to die a slow death or thrashing about as I have seen others do. I know the thrashing can be reflexes but not pleasant to see....

I think I might give a more technical account of shooting our chucks in the back of the neck as it really is the most secure painless and non-consciousness method I can muster.

Where the brain meets the spinal cord, is the brain stem or as many might correct me, the Medulla Oblongata.   This area controls all the nerve impulses throughout the body to the brain.  A small bullet, pellet/slug, call it what you will, is an enormous lump of lead from a typical UK legal 12FT/LB air rifle whether .177 or .22 calibre as far as a chicken is concerned.

Necking chucks by hand or the so called broomstick method doesn't always disconnect this nerve from the brain.  Sometimes the spine/neck bone is merely broken even when a clumsy operator severs the head with too much pressure. 

It is important to destroy the brain stem quickly in order to neutralise impulses from the brain/body/brain.

This way, chuck will feel absolutely nothing.  No pain, no consciousness.  Simply nothing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eglwyseg's post:
  • zenith