Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi Everyone,
I am a new chicken owner and only originally wanted a couple but now have twelve of various different breeds.  I was surprised to find they actually have some quite cool personalities and I can now see why my chicken owner friends have become so obsessed with this.  My girls are in a large aviary type area and then free range a few hours a day when I am with them.  Their eggs are amazing and I have  lots of people always asking for them (quite a few vegans too).  
I have joined this forum on the advice of April, a friend of many years, whom I met through my job.
I am practice manager at a small animal vets in Kent and have worked in the veterinary industry for 20 years nearly now.  I have five dogs, four horses/ponies, 9 guinea pigs and currently 3 kittens.  I am heavily involved with rescue work so foster lots of interesting cases.  I grew up on a farm until I was 19, so although I work with rescue and in a vets, I am not too fluffy about things.
I am one of those people that like to know as much as is possible about anything I do, so I am hoping to pick up lots of hints and tips from everyone on here.  
Thanks.
Vicky
Smile K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes April-made-me's post:
  • chickenmum
Welcome Vicky, you're very welcome here. Feel free to pick our brains
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Hello and Welcome from me too  Smile There is lots of information contained within the forum but  feel welcome to ask questions too. Lots of friendly members on here that like to help.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Welcome from me too.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
OMG - Can't get away from you can I ? Tongue

I'll let you lot in to a secret - she is a bit 'fluffy' about her new chickens and also a bit scared of them..............especially if they peck her.  Got a photo of a 'horrendous' injury she received the night she removed a broody from it's nest box !

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Hi - and welcome to the forum! I got my chickens three years ago, and I'm still learning, with the help of this forum and Spur. Feel free to ask anything!
I've stuttered - someone remove it for me please if you can .
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

(24-11-2015, 09:54 AM)april Wrote: I've stuttered - someone remove it for me please if you can .

Done  Smile  Have you got edit button April ?
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Hello.welcome to P.C.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Hello from me. I am the only sensible one on here Smile
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
(24-11-2015, 03:19 PM)Teazel Wrote: Hello from me.    I am the only sensible one on here  Smile

rof rof rof
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes auntsally's post:
  • zenith
(24-11-2015, 03:19 PM)Teazel Wrote: Hello from me. I am the only sensible one on here Smile

I very nearly spat my brew over the keyboard !!!
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • scotsfran
They do say that mad people don't know they're mad !!!

Hullo and welcome Vickey
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
(23-11-2015, 07:37 PM)April-made-me Wrote: yoo hooo! I'm the sensible one on here Vickey ...

Angel
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool