Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arthur's ear
Just noticved that my Bedlington has a gunky ear.   It looks like its oozing a bit and looks very brown.   He is due to go to the dog strimmers on thursday and they always pull the excessive fluff out of his ear (he doesn't mind before you report me to the RSPCA) but obviously with it looking sore they wont be able to do that.   Last night when I noticed it I squirted some of the antibacterial white powder in.   Today it looks dryer but not sure what to do next.

Is it a vet visit  Sad
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Does it smell of vinegar ? If it does, then it's probably ear mites and a pinch or two of Thornit will sort it out.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

The Strimmer told me to bring him early for his Christmas hair cut and she sorted his ears, by the time she had finished getting excessive hair out and brown stuff I could hardly tell which one it was. So will keep an eye April and if it gets bad again will get some of the Thornit, thanks for the advice
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • auntsally
Thornit.
I would get some Teasel and put some in on a regular basis.That will prevent any more problems occuring.Little Griffon had his ears thornited for the first time yesterday.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Thornit is wonderful! After years of ear problems which the vet never managed to sort, Thornit worked within 6 days without recurrence . I just treat her once a week to be safe .
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Trouble is everytime I go to Pets at Home I come home with guinea pigs!!