Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Lucy - My Beloved Feline Friend
My elderly cat Lucy, has gone to sleep for the last time.  We got her from Cats Protection when she was two and she had just passed 15.  We knew she wasn't going to last much longer and I was so pleased she went to sleep in her favourite basket at home.  I wasn't looking forward to having to take her to the vet if she started to suffer.  She will be greatly missed.

Meantime we have her pal to look after.  Tasha is different altogether - whereas Lucy was very affectionate and loved to sit on your knee, Tasha does not like to be picked up and comes onto your knee when she wants.  Still, she is affectionate in her own way.  She has been spoilt of course, since Lucy went .  Have some photos of her taken today with a few new friends

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Sorry to hear you lost your elderly cat Sad it's always sad when you lose a family pet.

I like the markings on your other cat
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
So sorry you have lost Lucy. It is never easy to lose a much loved pet but I always hope my beloved fluffy friends will just go to sleep in their baskets when the time comes.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
So sorry to hear of your loss.
So sorry to see about Lucy :-( I still miss my old cat - she was 18 before I had to put her down with a tumour. She was also a rescue cat and we went through a lot of my life together. They are always a part of the family
So sorry to hear about your loss CDD - so sad to lose a family pet, but pleased she went quietly and in a place she felt comfortable in.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Sorry to hear this C. XX
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Thinking of you - nothing more to say.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Sounds like a gentle passing, which is all any of us can hope for.
Still very hard for you, thinking of you. Its always so hard to lose them.
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Im so sorry you lost Lucy.
Lovely that she passed at home with her family.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
RIP Lucy, another over the Rainbow Bridge.  Sad I am glad she passed away in her home tho.    I know its sounds silly, but when I lost my red Burmese Matthew (litterally, he just went out and never came back)   I swear he came back to say goodbye,  he suddenly appeared in the night  rubbed his face against mine and settled down on the bed.   Couldnt believe it when I woke up and realised he wasn't there and never had been.   Other people have said they had a similar situation.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going