Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with Daisy?
How is she today?
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Thank you. She had a slightly larger crop tonight. I'm feeling hopeful. The snow has almost melted and she ventured out in to the garden to peck at the grass.
I wish I wasn't such a worrier but I love my girls so much. There was a risk of Avain flu and all poultry shows and sales have been banned for the past year. That ban has now been lifted, which means they think it's no longer a threat in North Carolona. So that's one less thing to worry about at least!
Chickens - always looking for new ways to train their owners
That sounds promising....
Glad she's looking better J. X
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Empty crop tonight. I have seen her eat. She's fine in herself. I noticed her poops are still runny but more digested food, not just lots of urine which is positive.
good news,hope she continues onwards and upwards.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Update. She still seems to have an empty crop when I come home from work about 5pm. I give her sweetcorn, broccoli and peas on my return and meal worms before I leave for work. She does like to eat the grass and scratch around when I let them out the run. She doesn't seem to be eating the layer pellets and I wonder if I didn't give her treats, she would go to bed on an empty crop.

Her poops are back to normal. She is also going back to her vocal self. She did get very quiet. She is also starting to squat, so an egg must be coming soon. I did notice some pin feathers around her vent, so I'm wondering if a mini moult was affecting her. She has a history of odd behaviour around moulting time. Not quite back to normal but getting there.
sounds like progress....many thanks for the update!  Smile
well done Daisy...and her mum!
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
That's good news!
Great news
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers