Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New coop and run
My Dad died in June and left me a fair bit of money and half his house. Some people have suggested I buy something special with some of the money.  I think they're thinking of jewellery or something like that, However!!!  I've decided to get a brand new, purpose built chicken coop and run made to fit our garden  Has anyone any experience of any persons or companies that do this from scratch?
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Wasn't it pads4pets on here that did that ? or similar name. I think it was Gavin or Gareth, not sure if they are still doing them.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I'm thinking ...... - I found a website on here that did hen houses but I wanted mine a slightly different spec - the house has been absolutely excellent - really well made although very heavy - we have had lots of comments from people visiting about our hens des res. I will keep thinking and maybe the name will come to me over the day and you can check out his website.

Sorry to hear that you lost your dad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparky's post:
  • chickenmum
Thanks Sparky. If you could remember the name that would be fab. Could you post some coop photos?
it's still not come to me - I will speak to oh later and will try and find some pics
Vorwerk I think made coops for other people too. Smile
http://www.pads4pets.co.uk  have a look at their web site there is a contact number for them too.
just had the bright idea of looking back through old posts and see I spoke about getting a new house on here in 2012 and the name Feathers Animal Housing was mentioned by me. I have tried to google this but can't find it so maybe they have gone out of business - how exciting - mine was so well made that I won't have the excitement of looking for a new house for quite a while to come!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sparky's post:
  • chickenmum
chickencoopsdirect.com. Look interesting?
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
(26-01-2016, 02:55 PM)auntsally Wrote: chickencoopsdirect.com. Look interesting?

They do look good!  Shame they're a bit too small.
I sorry about your Dad CM. The coop sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm excited to see what you build! X
Chickens - always looking for new ways to train their owners
Have you had any more thoughts about your new coop and run? :-)
Yes, I'm looking at getting
http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/acatalog/...rs2j1iLTIU
and getting a concrete outline base put down 1 foot so the run can sit on it. I'm getting quotes for the base now. My plan is to use the existing concrete, where the shed sits, and put a 1 foot wide rectangular footing all round. This should let the run sit nicely on the footings (assuming they can get it totally level!! Getting quotes has been a problem, probably as I don't explain things especially well!!
[-] The following 2 users Like chickenmum's post:
  • scotsfran, zenith
Wow!! Really impressive, lucky chooks.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Looks really good C.M.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9