Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you tell me what Breed are my ducks?
Hi, I recently bought a group of ducks, at the auctions and I am unsure of their breed.
[Image: 12745578_10153986599959470_2616891288967...e=572B6CD1]
[Image: 1927908_10153990511939470_36932775530216...e=5760F760]

These are just two of my boys (they're all boys) and I'm unsure of what breed.
I thought they look like Appleyards, but they're not big. I'm unsure of their ages, and they've recently gone through a moult.
If anyone could help me, that would be great.
Thanks
Hallo and welcome to Poultrychat, helduck. Cannot help wth identifying duck breeds as I only keep chickens but there are several folk on here who will help I am sure.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Hello and Welcome Smile  Hopefully a duck keeper will be along to help with your question
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Hello and welcome - I'm no expert (know a bit about Call Ducks but that's all). However, I would have to say, I think they are very nice looking cross-breeds.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Hello from me, its a long time since I kept ducks, they could have Welsh Harlequin in them, but they are nice looking birds
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Welcome to the forum Helduck! I'm not a duck person either but these are beautiful birds! Hopefully someone will be able to identify them more.
(16-02-2016, 11:41 AM)Teazel Wrote: Hello from me,  its a long time since I kept ducks,  they could have Welsh Harlequin in them, but they are nice looking birds

Looking at photos, I'm inclined to agree...
Hello..
I dont know either but they are lovely whatever they are.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Welcome mate.
Used to keep game ducks many yrs ago, just like them.
Atb
Spur Big Grin