Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prolapse
I know this thread is a little old April but did it work??  I bought a POL exchequer leghorn along with a barnebar a few years back, separated from the others but in sight.  The leghorn prolapsed with her first egg, tried lots of things I'd read online but didn't know about piles cream.  It wouldn't stay in and there were several eggs backed up in her so the vet put her down.  She was such a beautiful bird and had such a short life.  Then I had the very tricky job of introducing her mate to the rest.  It was very sad.

x
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that Sad
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Oh that is sad. I have only had a chicken with prolapse once, I couldn't save her either.
I hope your single girl is accepted by the rest of the flock soon.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
Oh, that was several years ago auntsally and it was awful integrating the barnebar on her own - she was such a gentle bird.  

i haven't had chickens for over four years now but hoping to soon

x
[-] The following 1 user Likes daphne's post:
  • auntsally
She was right as rain for a few weeks but then suddenly deteriorated and died quite quickly. The prolapse had completely shrunk back internally but I suspect there was residual infection or injury. I would try again (if it happened) but I think if it came out more than twice, I'd call it a day.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

(31-07-2016, 08:50 AM)april Wrote: She was right as rain for a few weeks but then suddenly deteriorated and died quite quickly.  The prolapse had completely shrunk back internally but I suspect there was residual infection or injury.  I would try again (if it happened) but I think if it came out more than twice, I'd call it a day.

That's soooo sad

x