Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fois Gras
Did you know that all French Fois Gras farms are currently closed and empty of ducks due to a disease that has swept through them................Good !!  However, the French ministry says it will allow farms to re-open and re-stock in a six days time.  Compassion in World Farming are petitioning the French Government to keep the farms closed permanently for obvious cruelty reasons.  I'd love to be clever enough to post a link to the petition but I'm not.  Perhaps some of you would like to have a look on line and add your support.

As they say, France would be more beautiful without Fois Gras Sad
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Oh no, I would sign the petition if I could find i. Not that the French would care what we Brits say..
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
I can find other petitions against foie gras, but not one against the French government re-opening these farms. If anyone can find it, I'll be in the queue to sign!!
[-] The following 2 users Like scotsfran's post:
  • auntsally, Teazel
I couldn't find one about keeping the farms closed that I could open but I did find one to keep it out of Great Britain here
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(10-05-2016, 08:47 PM)zenith Wrote: I couldn't find one about keeping the farms closed that I could open but I did find one to keep it out of Great Britain here

Signed...
http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...n.id=50730

Don't know if this helps ?

Just checked - this takes you to the right place.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
Signed...thank you April
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
signed and shared on my facebook page for others to hopefully sign as well
Signed. Why is this needed? I boycott any places that serve it as well.
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
(11-05-2016, 03:43 PM)chickenmum Wrote: Signed.  Why is this needed?  I boycott any places that serve it as well.

I do as well CM and also those serving Veal (unless it's Rose Veal).  I will eat there once (not ordering any of these revolting dishes obviously) but when I leave, I tell whoever see me out/gets my coat etc.. that I won't be coming back and the reason why.  Have had some really shocked looks on their faces I can tell you.

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • auntsally
(11-05-2016, 08:51 AM)april Wrote: http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...n.id=50730

Don't know if this helps ?

Just checked - this takes you to the right place.

Signed...and also on my facebook page..thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith
It really is such a cruel practice. Barbaric!
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • auntsally
signed Smile
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • auntsally