Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic housing
I bit the bullet and bought a hen ark from Solway Recycling I've got too many red mite this year and wanted to get away from wood. the critters were attacking me every time I collected eggs oh my  - so imagine how my poor chooks felt. We built the Ark yesterday - not perfect in design, but hope it does the job in helping to keep red mite under control. 

My next problem - how do I persuade the chooks that this is their new home?! Most of them spent the night under the stars, or else in a wee storage shed in the chicken run.
Good luck with the redmite battle. I still swear by spraying with detol when cleaning out. My little lavender Pekin usually roosts on a milkcrate I put in the new house. I forgot to put it back after cleaning them out and she was sitting on it outside all by herself when I went to shut them up. Bless !
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • scotsfran
Maybe physically put them to bed until they get it right.Good luck.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • chickenmum