Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well you have to laugh
You have to laugh at some of the lengths shops will go to sell us stuff  cheaper  Wonky Onions   chin Wonky Potatoes LOL  I've never seen a uniform one yet. It makes me laugh every time I pass the veg stall, not so much at the Wonky Veg but at the Wonky mentality of the folk that dream these up. They really should leave the Wonky tobacco alone laugh
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
wonder what a wonkey banana looks like Big Grin
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
(11-10-2016, 09:20 PM)Teazel Wrote: wonder what a wonkey banana looks like  Big Grin

They are straight  according to the EU not that we have to worry about that Smile
We like all things wonky here,anything wonky fits in very well.
we even have a wonky dog,Poppy is known as wonkypop. Big Grin
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
I'm glad they're now selling wonky anything. Such a waste of good food. We had tons of potatoes go as stock feed because they weren't pretty enough.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[-] The following 2 users Like Squizzers's post:
  • Sutty, zenith
As a society we should be ashamed of the massive waste of food occurring every day - apparently about 30% of the food people buy goes to waste, but there's also a huge percentage that never even gets that far!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
(12-10-2016, 11:11 PM)Sutty Wrote: As a society we should be ashamed of the massive waste of food occurring every day - apparently about 30% of the food people buy goes to waste, but there's also a huge percentage that never even gets that far!

Im pleased to say that is not the case here.If we dont eat it the dogs do and if they dont then the chickens do.
I started a wormery but had to shut it down as i didnt have enough food for them and they were packing their bags and moving out. Big Grin
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
(12-10-2016, 11:11 PM)Sutty Wrote: As a society we should be ashamed of the massive waste of food occurring every day - apparently about 30% of the food people buy goes to waste, but there's also a huge percentage that never even gets that far!

That is a case of more money than sense on the part of shoppers and supermarkets shops etc overstocking which leads to vast amounts of food stuff wasted.
Very little is wasted here food wise if it has been bought it's eaten. Veg trimming/peelings go to the chickens or are recycled any scraps of food go in a food recycling bin now, another of many that has been added. We now have that many bins I'm considering finding out if I can charge the council ground rent Smile