Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benefits of turmeric
Has anyone tried this with their animals or themselves ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I had a friend who swore by turmeric for her competition horse, but I've never tried it personally. She said that you have to have black pepper with it too to increase its effect. Seems to be the 'in thing' at the mo....
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith
(28-10-2016, 08:06 PM)scotsfran Wrote: I had a friend who swore by turmeric for her competition horse, but I've never tried it personally. She said that you have to have black pepper with it too to increase its effect. Seems to be the 'in thing' at the mo....

The recipe has black pepper in it Smile the image is a bit on the small side but the recipe can be found on line, I just may try it out on me and maybe the older dogs too.
Ive just finished a month of tumeric tablets,not yet sure if they are working or not.Think i will give them another month and then decide.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith
Ah, missed the recipe bit. Let me know how you get on....
Golden Paste is fairly well documented for treatment in dogs.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
I'm quite keen to try this! I love tumeric.

I fry up onions and bacon, add shredded cabbage, fry off until cooked, add tumeric and black pepper and munch. It's yummy!
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • zenith
That DOES sound yummy Squizzers!
(03-11-2016, 08:51 PM)Squizzers Wrote: I'm quite keen to try this!  I love tumeric.

I fry up onions and bacon, add shredded cabbage, fry off until cooked, add tumeric and black pepper and munch. It's yummy!

My eldest daughter made up a batch for me to try, I must say I'm not a fan of the taste on it's own. I have added it to soups, stews and other dishes Smile  as to the benefits a little early for me to tell as yet. It does keep for three weeks in a fridge I have just sent for Tumeric  via amazon,so will make my own up next time.

I do intend to put some in Kai's feed as he's getting a little stiff in movement these days when getting up and down a bit like his owner laugh
I don't like the taste of coconut oil but I use turmeric and manuka honey (when I remember)
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.