Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heres one I made earlier ...
Well several time actually, since last Christmas when Master G came round and announced he's getting married next year Mrs G has bee on a diet .... just like I haven't ... anyway to help her along I decided to have the same meals as  her ( Only cos I couldn't be arsed to cook Blush ) but I usually do tea on a saturday whilst she watches the crap programs on TV. so a few months ago I did a warm salad and its become a favourite ... even with me!

so, in a bowl put either shredded lettuce leaves, grated carrot, slithers of red onion ( or if you want to do it quick a bag of mixed sweet & crunchy salad). to this I added some chopped apple ( whatever is in the bowl) a couple of easy peel satsumas, halved grapes and pomegranate seeds. give it a good mix and dress it with the juice of a lime ( Stops the apple browning Cool ) to this You add a perfectly cooked 12 oz ( for 3 or 8oz for 2) steak sliced at a jaunty angle and add any juices that come out toss the lot again and split between the waiting plates.

Diner and puddin all in one! ( You can have two portions Squizzer as its good for you woot )

So far Mrs G has lost 6 1/2 stone and is literally half the woman she was  ... I'd like to think it was down to me but I fear not ...
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
OMG - Give Mrs Grief a massive congratulations from me - 6 1/2 stone is completely brilliant ! Having said that, I'm sure she would have done Master G proud no matter what size she was but seriously very, very, well done.

I'd eat that dinner any day provided it was finished off with a bar at chocolate or a plate of cheese about an hour later!! (Don't think that really works does it ?)

Speaking of weight.................I've been exactly the same weight for the last 10 years and all of a sudden I've put on half a stone - how on earth and when did that happen ? I'm blaming the menopause (it's a wonderful thing you know......you can blame all sorts on it) .............memory loss, mood swings, hating your husband, loosing things, looking like s**t, moaning about really silly things. You can probably even get away with murder..................I'm drawing up a list !!!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
So what's my excuse  Big Grin

But very well done Mrs. G thats amazing........
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Sounds delicious NTG! Must try that next time OH does a BBQ - he's just bought a new BBQ and half a tonne of charcoal. He's a mad South African you see......
Well done Mrs G... Fabulous effort.
That salad sounds very nice indeed.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Fab Mrs G. That salad sounds good.

Scotsfran - nothing like a good braai and salad Big Grin
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • scotsfran