Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log grenade
A useful tool to use when splitting large logs such as  tree trunk rounds. I had quite a few delivered ranging from 4 inches to 8 inches thick . These are to big to go on the log splitter I have, but with the aid of a log grenade and lump hammer they split quite easy into more manageable sizes. I was splitting Oak tree trunk rounds today using this method. Smile I still have lots more to do too, little and often is my way forwards storing the ones I split.

{ note to Teazel :- they do not explode laugh
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
never heard of a log grenade,will look into so see if one would help Mrk9.
he is still clearing up the fallen tree that went down during Doris's visit.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Note to Teazel : Stay away from all log cutting/splitting/blowing up/chipping machinery !!
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
(09-03-2017, 09:37 AM)k9crystal Wrote: never heard of a log grenade,will look into so see if one would help Mrk9.

You can buy them for around £14 K9  I got mine in this set from screw fix which I thought was good considering the Grenade can be £14 to £16 on it's own
rof rof

Bother I was going to ask for one for my birthday!!   We got lots of enormous larch tree trunk bits,  fancied exploding them.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • zenith
(09-03-2017, 07:56 PM)Teazel Wrote: rof rof

Bother I was going to ask for one for my birthday!!   We got lots of enormous larch tree trunk bits,  fancied exploding them.

You will have to request dynamite if you want to make them go with a bang T laugh Please be careful unwrapping your presents.
(09-03-2017, 06:29 PM)zenith Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 09:37 AM)k9crystal Wrote: never heard of a log grenade,will look into so see if one would help Mrk9.

You can buy them for around £14 K9  I got mine in this set from screw fix which I thought was good considering the Grenade can be £14 to £16 on it's own

Thank you.. Smile
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9