Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone with a hot tub!!!
I got a panicked call from a friend to say that her daughters Shih Tzu Poppy was missing. I couldnt do anything at first as i was out dog walking and it took me a while to get back to the car,deliver the dogs back at home and then rush over to see if i could help.
I arrived to find an awful scene of shouting,tears and hysterics from adults and children..Poppy had been found drowned in the hot tub Sad My friend bred Poppy,I microchipped her and she was given to friends daughter,Poppy had pups a year or so ago and i chipped those pups as well. As you can imagine my friend is furious and devastated,the family are distraught.They had a boozy party the night before and didnt put the lid on properly,Poppy loved water Cry
At one point we had to physically restrain friend from harming daughter.The children ( could have been one of the little ones!!another reason for friend to be so angry) are inconsolable.
Poor Poppy,what a horrible way to die. Hot tubs should be fenced off as well as lidded properly.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
How irresponsible of them not to cover it  booze or no booze Angry especially with young children around too. Poor Poppy what an awful way to go.
My pond here whilst I can't cover it, is full fenced off with 4 foot fencing and small children are always supervised whilst here. Whilst tiny hands can open the gate with some difficulty, as the catch is on the inside and I have to reach over to undo to get in. I also cable tie the gate shut when they are here.
Water is always a danger to pets and children, around it is better to be safe than sorry.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(21-03-2017, 10:38 AM)zenith Wrote: How irresponsible of them not to cover it  booze or no booze Angry especially with young children around too. Poor Poppy what an awful way to go.
My pond here whilst I can't cover it, is full fenced off with 4 foot fencing and small children are always supervised whilst here. Whilst tiny hands can open the gate with some difficulty, as the catch is on the inside and I have to reach over to undo to get in. I also cable tie the gate shut when they are here.
Water is always a danger to pets and children, around it is better to be safe than sorry.

That is how it should be done Zenith.
I cant stop thinking of her,she was in full coat so once that got waterlogged she had no chance.
It will be a long time before Mum and daughter are on any sort of speaking terms,i know no one wanted it to happen and mistakes are made which can be disastrous when animals are involved but still....Not a nice thing to have to live with.I still feel guilty over My Gypsy attacking my Poppy and Vera and that was over 2yrs ago now,completely different circumstances i know but friends daughter and partner must feel awful and i know how that feels. Sad
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
oh horrid story - poor poppy rip
I hope the hot tub now goes ! They're obviously not responsible enough to have one if they can't remember to close it properly after a few glasses of wine. Very sorry for your friend and what a terrible way for a little dog to loose her life.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Unfortunately these sad incidents happen. I agree they should have made sure the cover was on. My next door neighbours have one but it is far too high for a dog to get into it. I will tell them tho ! We nearly had an accident with a pond we had. It had straight slides with just a rock or two for the frogs and toads to get in and out. One night I woke up and just felt something wasnt right. I got up and noticed that my terrier was missing. I went outside and found her in the pond. The pond was filled in the next day but it could have so easily been the end of her. She had never been near it before and I think she went for a drink and slipped in. I would never have forgiven myself if I had found her drowned in the morning.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
How so very sad. I've a pond in my garden but always assumed that my dog would get out of it, although he has never been in. It's certainly a thought. There are never young children here, and if there were, they'd be supervised. Poor Poppy and family  Sad