Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swallows
I have a pair of swallows flew straight into the outbuilding where all of last years nests are.  They are early this year, it was 22nd last year and the year before it  was 24th.

How do they do it?      We think we are clever Exclamation Exclamation
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

I have been looking out for them here too, I'm sure I saw a pair the other day, but they haven't stayed around.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
we dont get nearly as many now. Where my daughter used to live there were loads of swallows and house martins. As soon as the stable block was built the swallows moved in swooping up the corridor between the stables. The house is now sold so I hope they will still be welcomed by the new owners.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
I'd love to have swallows back in our barn - they always used to arrive on 22nd April - but our cat sits on the rafters under the windows and takes a swipe as they come in Sad Another time they built a nest on the top of an outer house door which meant rather a mess in the boot room!!
I agree T, there aren't as many as there used to be.  When we first moved here I remember seeing dozens on our roof when they were preparing to fly off to warmer parts.  Now we usually have 3 - 4 pair.  They definitely slept in their usual place last night - left their mark  laugh
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++