Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood Burners ?
(16-06-2017, 06:56 AM)zenith Wrote: Well after a trip to the show room yesterday we settled on this model  similar to the other but better build quality. Just waiting on the chap who fits them to contact us now. Then the alterations can begin to the fireplace messy job I know but hopefully it will look good again once we decorate.

Looks very nice Zenith.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith
Stove fans  ? for K9, I see so many 2 blade, 3 blade, 4 blade. and find it a bit confusing on which would work best. Do they run silent ? Found some on ebay  but the same thing elsewhere seems double the price in some case.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I'm also thinking of getting a stove fan...they're meant to be very effective.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotsfran's post:
  • zenith
We have a 2 blade and a 4 blade,not sure which is best to be honest as they both sit on the kitchen one.They are silent in running,although our 2blade now has an annoying clickety clack which we need to investigate.Not sure if it needs oiling or tweaking somehow.We have had it a number of years so it could be that the bearings have worn out.
I got both from Amazon taking note of the reviews.
If your lounge is small then you dont really need one,although you could leave the door open and let the heat out to other parts of the house.
Our kitchen is open to the stairs so we have the fans to push the heat upstairs.When the lounge one is fitted we will use a fan as its a long lounge.
Dont forget a nice pair of firegloves, i got some suede ones from Amazon quite cheaply.The handles on the stove do get rather hot and its much easier to load with gloves on.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9