Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busy Morning with Chainsaw
Outside at daylight, poultry given breakfast, came inside and we had breakfast, then we spent 4 hours in our small willow wood cutting it all back.  Thick branches for the woodburner next year, medium branches for weaving fences and bird feeding places.  Incinerator going for all the tiny twigs - all in all, a very satisfying morning.  Too much time wasted watching the birds - woodpeckers, chaffinches, blue tits, long tailed tits, blackbirds etc.,  our resident buzzard and heron and our tame robin.

Now we are going to have a large bowl of home made vegetable soup and some home made bread  Smile
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cockadoodledoo's post:
  • chickenmum
What a lovely way to spend a morning  Smile I love the birds of a morning I was watching a small flock of starlings and two jackdaws chasing off what I think was a sparrow hawk or some other bird of prey. A lovely morning here today a bit of a nip to the air first thing but now the sun is out. 
We have just had home made Leek & Potato soup . Now I'm about to get logs in for this evenings fire. I still have a lot of oak that needs chainsawing and splitting, hopefully one of my sons will lend a hand and get it stored. 
My new log splitter works well but you do need to take care as some logs fly off it with a 7 ton force behind them.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
How are you getting on with your woodburner Zenith ?
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

(06-11-2017, 02:23 PM)Cockadoodledoo Wrote: How are you getting on with your woodburner Zenith ?

We love it, the best investment I have made in a long time  Smile I just wish I had done it years ago when we went to an open fire. It heats most of downstairs lounge & dinning room when it gets too hot we open the door to the conservatory and let heat into there. I love it at night time as my bedroom is off the dinning room so I just leave the door open and it heats what is the coldest room in the house. It also burns less logs than the open fire and we get 70% more heat into the rooms . On another plus note it is less messy too.

The dog loves it too, one hot dog

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks so cosy in there and sounds like you have plenty wood to last. I love the fan on my stove - only found out about it here and it's been a 'best buy'!!
(07-11-2017, 07:41 AM)scotsfran Wrote: Looks so cosy in there and sounds like you have plenty wood to last. I love the fan on my stove - only found out about it here and it's been a 'best buy'!!

The stove fans are good I'm pleased k9 recommended getting one.  Smile
I love my multifuel burner - coal for easy overnight burn, wood for a quick burst and lovely flames. Massively more efficient than open fires where mlost of the heat goes up the chimney, and the high draught pulls more cold air into the house! Have often wondered about a stove fan - perhaps I should get one.
Got to disagree with you though CDD - I don't count that time watching the birds as "wasted"!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Our log burner is too efficient really, we end up with the patio doors open! I too have a family of buzzards and worry about my small bantams.
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going