Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the log cutting front
I have found some brackets that will turn my work mate bench into a saw horse.  Smile They fasten to the work mate bench which I hope will hold logs more secure whilst I cut them, ready for splitting . Just thought I'd share for others out there who cut their own logs.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
[-] The following 1 user Likes zenith's post:
  • scotsfran
We have an old wooden sawhorse which was made for us by a retired carpenter about 20 years ago and it is still wearing well, and it gets used.  This week we have cut down a few old hawthorn and a couple of willow, so it will be used again this week ... for next winter's logs.   We also retrieved some ash which had fallen over in the high winds a few weeks ago.  Now is the time to cut back the heavy branches before the leaves appear - especially when they are near telephone cables  Exclamation ....... and it saves going to the gym !!!!
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

(29-01-2018, 09:20 PM)Cockadoodledoo Wrote: We have an old wooden sawhorse which was made for us by a retired carpenter about 20 years ago and it is still wearing well, and it gets used.  This week we have cut down a few old hawthorn and a couple of willow, so it will be used again this week ... for next winter's logs.   We also retrieved some ash which had fallen over in the high winds a few weeks ago.  Now is the time to cut back the heavy branches before the leaves appear - especially when they are near telephone cables  Exclamation ....... and it saves going to the gym !!!!

I have been lucky with logs so far my niece collected lots for me. I still have some here that need cutting and splitting with more stored at her allotment. Earlier this week Liam's social worker visited and has promised to deliver us a trailer load later in the year. He gets logs for free by cutting them for other people. I have an electric chain saw here which I use but find it difficult holding the logs secure whist cutting, hence the holding brackets will be a big help.
Just an update the brackets work really well at holding the logs secure . Smile
(02-02-2018, 03:09 PM)zenith Wrote: Just an update the brackets work really well at holding the logs secure . Smile

Thats useful to know.We do have a sawhorse here but i will mention to Mrk9.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith
(05-02-2018, 10:13 AM)k9crystal Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:09 PM)zenith Wrote: Just an update the brackets work really well at holding the logs secure . Smile

I found them on Amazon k9  here 
(05-02-2018, 03:02 PM)zenith Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 10:13 AM)k9crystal Wrote:

I found them on Amazon k9  here 

Thank you Zenith.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
[-] The following 1 user Likes k9crystal's post:
  • zenith