Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incubator
Ah I wondered where the ticker came from. Do let us know your due date though Eggy!
(05-03-2018, 09:41 AM)k9crystal Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 12:57 PM)Nick the Grief Wrote: do we still have tickers for incubations?

No fraid not. I think i did the last lot and not many used a ticker so i gave up.

What's a ticker ?
(06-03-2018, 03:33 PM)eggy Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 09:41 AM)k9crystal Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 12:57 PM)Nick the Grief Wrote: do we still have tickers for incubations?

No fraid not. I think i did the last lot and not many used a ticker so i gave up.

What's a ticker ?

A ticker is a count down of the hatching eggs you have set. Examples can be found here .. It is some time since we used them on here.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
You called NTG ??

Yup a good six years to get a fully Autosexing breed on the go.

Your welbar are large fowl aren't they Nick?
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
(11-03-2018, 11:06 AM)Squizzers Wrote: You called NTG ??

Yup a good six years to get a fully Autosexing breed on the go.

Your welbar are large fowl aren't they Nick?

yes they are (or were) I'm down to one hen and a single barred Cockerel now  ... darn foxes ... THe intention was to breed some silver large but I'm more inclined to try and cross him with some normal Golds at the moment and try and get a new strain of Large Welbars that are unrelated to mine ...
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
It will be good to get some more lf welbar and they seem to be coming back into fashion which is good.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
(23-03-2018, 09:21 PM)Squizzers Wrote: It will be good to get some more lf welbar and they seem to be coming back into fashion which is good.

hen egg Lovely egg layers too .
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
[-] The following 2 users Like zenith's post:
  • Squizzers, scotsfran
Mmm. I had one hatch out late Friday but nothing so far from the other 11.
So, this incubator does work and I know there's no guarantee with the eggs, just hoping for a few more hatching's.
I'll wait a couple of days.
Nope, that was it. Turned out to be a hen. I've since put another lot in, 6 Buff Orpingtons and 6 Light Sussex, sender of the L/S had put a bantam egg in, obliviously on purpose due to size of eggs. I got 3 Buff hens and 1 L/S cockeral and a bantam hen.
Surprised that you didn't get more L/S but then I have only used an incubator once and got 6 hatch out of 9 I think? At least you now have 5 new hens and one boy if my sums are right!