Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ride on mowers
After getting useful advice about petrol strimmers, can someone recommend a good ride-on mower? It will be used to cut a garden of about an acre. Any tips welcome. Thanks Jenny
Only ever had a Stiger and very happy I've been with them. The one before the current one was still working well after thirteen years loyal service but was traded in for a newer model.

Serviced every year the only problem we've had has been a broken belt.
We have Ariens. Has been fine except electric start never works so have to pull start it...............not brilliant on long wet grass tho
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
I have a Mountfield, was second hand when I bought it then moved it out here and it wasn't started for three years - one new battery later and it is doing great
We have a John Deere with a turbo fan that blows the grass into the collecter box , excellent bit of kit. I guess it depends on your budget really , but like most things in life you get what you pay for and with something like this you only want to buy once and last along time. If you want it to do other jobs like carting stuff you could consider a compact tractor with a finishing mower on the back. You can then remove it and hitch a trailer to move garden waste/ hedge clippings , in which case a kubota or Iseki would be a good bet. One downside is they will only mulch the grass and not collect it, which is ok if you can do it regularly,but not with the summer were having at the moment.