Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange object in nest box
I found a strange object in the nest box today, though I vaguely remember seeing something like it in the past.
It's hard and buff/light brown in colour, about 7cm long and 4cm across, hard and oval, though one end has a larger radius than the other.
Anyone any idea what it might be?
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Ah Sutty - you got one too? oh my I did wonder what it was on the floor of the hen house...I wonder if anyone can enlighten us? blink
Well I don't really know what to say.  In all the years of keeping poultry I have never seen these objects so early in the year.
I don't know whether it is climate change or brexit  woot

My objects look remarkably like eggs  Big Grin
COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Ive been getting around 6/day all winter so far. Last years pullets doing the honours.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Lucky you k9!! I usually expect my first eggs around Valentine's day - then they really start coming in. Hens are a bit older this year so we'll see....
I know exactly what it is but.……………………….(very short word)……………...it'll come to me.....something like 'lash' ?? Yes...….it is a lash.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !