Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!!
Well after posting in February that I had finally had an egg laid after a break (Strange object in nestbox), I'm now innundated! my main floch is of 28 birds (buff columbian Brahmas) including 3 cockerels. I got 20 eggs from them today, and almost that for the last few days! As I was away for a few days and OH collecting eggs I have a bit of a surplus to sell/give away!

I have no room for more birds, but tempting to incubated a few just to check fertility, though I wouldn't be keen to sell hatching eggs yet as many are smallish from the young birds that have started laying for the 1st time recently (hatched towards the end of August - good fertility then). Maybe in a few weeks though......
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Can you sell with an honesty box at the front of your house ? I always do very well. Never give them away - we work far too hard for them for that. Sold 5 boxes today - that's easily paid for my gas/elec bill.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I sell surplus eggs at work - a £1 for 6. It does help to pay for the chooks feed Smile
I usually sell them at work and there is usually lots of demand. Being away for a few days has left a backlog though - I'll be taking lots in tomorrow!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
I sell a lot of our surplus as well. Every bit counts. I do give away a fair amount too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Calvis's post:
  • zenith