Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously, can you believe it ?
Sitting in the garden this afternoon, enjoying the sunshine and chaperoning the ducks as they toddled around enjoying the warm weather and a bloody fox ran in to the garden and grabbed one of my lovely Call drakes and was gone.  We were sitting less than 5 meters away when this happened and were on our feet in seconds.  Gutted !  Minutes earlier the OH and I had been congratulating ourselves on having 25 fertile Call eggs in the incubator (unheard of).  Could cry, I really could.  Only good thing was that it wasn't my lovely old fella (now coming on 11) - pretty useless on the breeding front but such a lovely old chap and just recovering from a really horrible sinus infection from which I thought I would loose him.  He's an old friend and would have hated him to have died agt the jaws of a rotten old fox.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

Sorry you lost one to the fox again April. They are quick and crafty when they probably have young to feed. 25 call duck eggs in the incubator is a more positive note of  keeping. Keep us posted on their progress, I hope the fox moves on and leaves the rest of your flock alone.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
awww no Sad Glad the fox didn't get your old boy though - and sounds like you have the patter of lots of tiny feet soon! Let us know how you get on with the ducklings....