Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a flippin' miracle !
Have just had the most marvellous hatch of 13/14 Apricot Call Ducks from my incubator.  By anyone standards this is nothing short of a miracle - they are so hard to get to hatch.  It hasn't been easy.  I have done everything differently and it has meant me being tied to the house to make sure the incubator was watched like a hawk, especially the last few days during hatching.  But Hey ! well worth it and 13 little brothers and sisters for my lonely (thinks he's a person) singleton hatch from 2 weeks ago.  I'm a very happy bunny. Big Grin rabbit run
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

That's is a cracking hatch rate.  hen egg I hope you have made a note of all the things you did differently during the process Smile .
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Absolutely Zenith - I'm going to put one more load in this year - do everything the same way and see what happens. I am allowing for the fact that this last lot are much older eggs so may not be good enough anyway. My diary is full of scribbles and observations, temperatures and humidity levels.
I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • zenith
Wow - great hatch, well done. Fingers crossed its repeatable!!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Brilliant - well done! I've heard ducks dont hatch so easily....
I don't know about other breeds but Call Ducks are notoriously difficult (both in and out of an incubator). I have had disastrous hatches for the past 5 years - all very depressing. Even those that get good hatches never expect more than 50% from their fertile eggs and if they did get that many they would be celebrating. So, 14/15 is virtually unheard of. I've been so lucky this year what with the excellent 100% Shetland hatches and now these...………..makes up a little for 2 years of fox attacks wiping me out.

[-] The following 1 user Likes april's post:
  • scotsfran