Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCGB National Poultry Show
Any one going to this later this month? Got six birds entered so next weekend is going to be 'wash a chook day' 😊
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
I might just, what date is it??
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
It's 21 and 22 November at Telford Exhibition Centre. 

squizzers
Good luck!!

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Thanks!
squizzers
I maybe popping along
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
This is where I will be this weekend! I'll be on the lookout for you guys on Sunday - Saturday is a bit of a manic day for me, but if you spot me come over and say hullo!

http://nationalshow.poultryclub.org/
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • zenith
I'm going to have to go Saturday. I'll look out for you though Squizz
Sorry I missed you CM but Saturday was manic! Landed up stewarding for one of the judges as the steward that should have been there was taken ill.

Four meetings in the afternoon meant I was running around like a looney. Am shattered but it was an excellent show.

2nd and 3rd places for my two welbars, and competed against myself with the Brussbars. I'm happy
squizzers
Sounds like you had a good, if busy, weekend - and well done on your Welbars!! I must ask you more about them sometime - as I have Welsummers, and Barred Plymouth Rock which I was hoping to put together...

What are Brussbars?
Ah the start of a new line of autosexing breeds! Oh forgot to say - the Rare Poultry society aged to the autosexing breeders association going it alone. Just waiting for ratification from the Poultry Club of great Britain, which we should get come January
squizzers
Well done Squizzers, me thinks you might need a rest tomorrow!
It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • Squizzers
Thanks T I sure do!
squizzers
It's a much better venue than Stoneleigh and there were loads of amazing birds. Many more birds for sale as well and the nicest turkey I've ever seen. I resisted purchasing though, although there were some very nice Marans...
The halls ate better than Stoneleigh I agree, but the catering facilities are the pits. Expensive, served in takeaway boxes and plastic cutlery. Two thre quarter cup of hot water. One coffee sachet and a herbal tea bag cost 3.80 ! It's a caprice audience and they take the Mick with their prices.

Halls are lovely and bright and even more importantly warm. Brilliantly organised - apart from the quality of the shavings - they were awful.
squizzers