Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic henhouses
Really disappointed, thought they would at least be the shape of a frog..... :wacko:

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teazel's post:
  • auntsally
Only you T!!!
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
Love their Chicken Wagon! Way out of my budget though...
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
No, you can't fit a door opener on the model I have, but haven't looked at other models, not being in the market for one. All my stock are now in open fronted pens.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Hi, I have one of these http://www.theclevercoopcompany.com/
It is brilliant and so so easy to clean. I just pressure wash it often....
I am really pleased with mine and I feel although quite expensive it was worth the money. It has relieved my red mite no end as it's easier to keep blasted clean. It all comes apart although I don't take it apart, I remove the nest box trays and floor soil tray and the perches. 

Hope this helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MelM's post:
  • zenith
That looks really interesting MelM - I might be in the market for a new coop soon. I've been getting the Cocoon hen houses which are at the cheaper end of the market, but they don't last for more than 2-3 years. Otherwise I do like their layout.

I'll need to decide whether to go for wood or plastic - given the red mite infestation we have right now. Time to treat myself to a new hen house!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like scotsfran's post:
  • MelM, zenith
On the subject of having a pop hole auto timer on plastic houses I think it would depend on the model. I'm sure with a bit of diy you could fit one to this type
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I've got a green frog hen house. Brilliant piece of kit. Would really recommend in spite of the price.
squizzers
(30-06-2016, 01:08 PM)scotsfran Wrote: That looks really interesting MelM - I might be in the market for a new coop soon. I've been getting the Cocoon hen houses which are at the cheaper end of the market, but they don't last for more than 2-3 years. Otherwise I do like their layout.

I'll need to decide whether to go for wood or plastic - given the red mite infestation we have right now. Time to treat myself to a new hen house!  Smile

They are bringing out an auto pop hole affair too.....
I've been doing a little more research - when time allows - and came across this one  I'd need to check it for size - but any thoughts? OH thinks it would be cool to have an Anderson shelter in the garden!!  oh my
I'm sure that's like Squizzers green frog Smile
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
That's similar to what I've got! Brilliant
squizzers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squizzers's post:
  • zenith
Well I finally got my plastic henhouse after another summer battle huge populations of red mite. Even my husband said he thought the GROUND was infested with red mite. So he was all for ordering a new house. We got the smart eco house from Solway recycling. We're really liking it and so are the hens.
Im glad the hens like it,they can be very funny about change.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
(08-10-2016, 09:41 PM)SilkieSue Wrote: Well I finally got my plastic henhouse after another summer battle huge populations of red mite.  Even my husband said he thought the GROUND was infested with red mite. So he was all for ordering a new house. We got the smart eco house from Solway recycling. We're really liking it and so are the hens.

Is that the one that looks like an Anderson shelter?! If so, its the same as mine, from the same place. When we first got it, my chooks would NOT got into it at night - but at least used the nest boxes. After two months of this, I put them in manually for about a week - now they are all in before dusk!  Big Grin