Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic henhouses
Hi
No, it's the one that looks like a henhouse with an apex roof -the smart henhouse.  It's quite big. The hens went in first night straight away. Only one of them stayed out and tried to roost on the roof of the old house.  They seem really happy.
(16-10-2016, 01:52 PM)SilkieSue Wrote: Hi
No, it's the one that looks like a henhouse with an apex roof -the smart henhouse.  It's quite big. The hens went in first night straight away. Only one of them stayed out and tried to roost on the roof of the old house.  They seem really happy.

This one  ? Smile
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
(16-10-2016, 04:07 PM)zenith Wrote:
(16-10-2016, 01:52 PM)SilkieSue Wrote: Hi

This one  ? Smile

Hmmm that one looks better than mine - does it have a bigger door for human access on the other end?
Yes, that's the one. It has a human door at the other end. My hens seem to love it! There are a few things I would change about it though.
I reckon it's quite good value. It's a really good size and would easily fit 8-10 hens with decent amounts of room. It's relatively light for it's size and easy for two people to lift and move, unlike a wooden house of a similar size. The roof lifts of quite easily so you can access from above for cleaning too. One thing I will probably modify is that it has long round plastic perches. I think I might replace with some wooden ones. The hens are not too keen on roosting on perches, but they never were in the old wooden house either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilkieSue's post:
  • chickenmum