Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wormer in drinking water
I came across this recently in a nearby agricultural merchants. Only licensed for pet/cage birds I understand (rather like harkamectin/ivermectin). Also available in the UK for farm use on larger animals eg sheep in larger volumes but similar concentrations. The active ingredient (levamisole) is licensed for poultry in some other countries. According to one paper I read the drug or residues can be detected in eggs for up to two weeks. I believe the drug has been used in humans too.

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
Egg withdrawal info can be found here along with the reasons for it 

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I'm sticking with Mariiages layers with flubenvet - no egg withdrawal so no waste.  Doing my lot at the moment and they've always loved it.

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it at least five or six times, just to make sure !

I swear by alternating Flubenvent and Ivermectin, the girls are free of worms and the Ivermectin wards off scaleyleg in the Favs and mini Brahmas which are so easy to miss.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.
If you want soluble wormer, try Solubenol (sp?) Safe to eat eggs, though it does have to be given a stir now and then which has put me off a bit.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Quote:If you want soluble wormer, try Solubenol (sp?) Safe to eat eggs, though it does have to be given a stir now and then which has put me off a bit.
I tried that a few years ago, the manufacturers suggest continuous agitation as it is not really soluble, its a suspension that settles out, so stirring now and then might not give reliable dosing. I used tiny measured amounts on bits of bread to worm each bird individually, it worked OK (I found dead worms in the poo), but a real faff to do for a week for more than a very few birds.

When I used levamisole (active ingredient in the stuff in the photo) I was happy to eat the eggs myself, just didn't sell/give away any. If I remember right some other countries have no egg withdrawal period for it - I must check (think it was Australia).
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.