Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goslings and geese keeping
I really like geese and there are four goslings up for sale nearby that have been incubated. They are about a week old but as a total novice can anyone give me some pointers for geese keeping?

For instance do I need to know what kind of geese they are? Stupidly I didn't ask.

Are they a noise nuisance?

How long before they're adults?

If anyone has a website they could recommend that would be handy for all things I need to know about geese?

Many thanks for any replies
would help if we knew what they were.Ive kept Barnacle geese and other goose crosses.I find them very easy to keep although some can bully chickens if kept together.Chinese geese are very nice.

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Christmas Goose is better :hysterical

ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool
I had a goose egg omlette yesterday,  was so full, couldnt move afterwards!

There used to be a goose at a livery yard when I was a kid,  used to sit on our feet and if we moved attack us......    So never been drawn to them really!

Make good guard dogs,  make a mess on the grass,  are bigger than ducks, make a loud hissing noise when annoyed,   thats about all I know laugh

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
Thanks for replies. Apparently if you raise them from very young they will be tame and friendly. That means spending lots of time with them, hand feeding, handling etc. Unfortunately the four goslings were sold yesterday. I think it's too late for hatching eggs so maybe next year.