Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it normal for a bantam to lay 2 eggs in a day ?
ok .. i have 4 hens i rehomed for Tania and there is one that just wont stop laying .. yes its Goldie.. she has layed 2 eggs today .. is this normal ?? other are laying every other day .. but i dont want them laying so much cause i know how much energy goes into making an egg, plus they are currently moalting so i do hope she ok

edited to add : the first egg was a double yoker .. and the 2nd egg had no yolk ..
Goldie started laying much later than Jet so you may find her system is still sorting itself out.

Jet and Snowdrop did generally lay every other day for me too. So long as Goldie has ad lib access to oystershell grit (and the seaweed extract that I think you said you are using) she will be fine. [Image: smile.gif]
[quote name='Tania B' date='11 October 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1286833932' post='211017']

Goldie started laying much later than Jet so you may find her system is still sorting itself out.

Jet and Snowdrop did generally lay every other day for me too. So long as Goldie has ad lib access to oystershell grit (and the seaweed extract that I think you said you are using) she will be fine. [Image: smile.gif]

[/quote]

the eggs were perfct .. shells nice and smoothand perfectly formed. lovly little eggs. she does have access to oystershell which i ground up to smaller bits for her and also i give her seaweed extract once a week .
[quote name='imquackers' date='11 October 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1286834188' post='211018']

i give her seaweed extract once a week .

[/quote]

once a week ? , ive been giving mine a spoonfull a day

can someone tell me the correct amount