Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why are my eggs not hatching
I set my incubator 3 weeks ago and I have just had my hatch. I set 24 eggs altogether and only got 5. After I turned of my incubatoir I looked at all the eggs to see what had happened. I found that every chick had formed fully and I didn't understand why they didn't hatch. If anyone has anything to solve this bad problem please help me. Thank jamie
[quote name='rosecombrocket' date='11 October 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1286811059' post='210970']

I set my incubator 3 weeks ago and I have just had my hatch. I set 24 eggs altogether and only got 5. After I turned of my incubatoir I looked at all the eggs to see what had happened. I found that every chick had formed fully and I didn't understand why they didn't hatch. If anyone has anything to solve this bad problem please help me. Thank jamie

[/quote]

Im sure you have to tweak the humidity last 3 days?

Have you checked your temperature and humidity during the whole process?
Could be lots of reasons as already said, wrong temp, humidity, poor ventilation, unhealthy parent stock, time of year also plays a part.

Were they your eggs or bought in eggs? and what were your incubator setting? What inci you using?
chicken eggs need to have temp turned down during last 3 days of incubation .. temp from day 1 to day 18 should be 37.5 c then turned down to 37c .. also humidty needs to be around 45 - 50% day 1 to day 18 and then up to 65 % last 3 days .. also stop turning eggs on final 3 days as the chicks get disorientated and generally dont hatch.. hope this helps ..