Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peacocks
Not everyones favourite birds.  These belong to a friend and their colours cheered us all up on this really dismal morning

COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

I think they are beautiful but rather noisy  Confusedmile: If I had lots of land and lived in isolation from other properties I think they would be on my wanted list.

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
I agree, beautiful but their call is annoying after a while!

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
I love them too.

a few years ago we had one arrive and take up residence in the church yard opposite.

We loved him to bits although the love wore a bit thin at times when he was yelling at silly o'clock in the morning.

He lived here for around 2yrs then went missing,he was found dead in the field behind the church, Sad

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Neighbours of mine in the UK kept them, she had her brand new car wrecked by them. It was a shiny black car then they kept on flying on top of it or pecking their reflections in it. The car needed a new paint job in the end
I was offered a peacock and peahens a couple of years ago - our garden is big enough, but I didn't think the neighbours (or the cat!) would be too happy. If ever I move to a house with lots of land....maybe one day!

I love them. My friend had a wild one which used to fly into her garden. It was amazing! Noisy though
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.