Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quail
someone down the road is advertising a pair of quail for £5 on preloved.

would they be happy on their own or would i need to get more females?

can you introduce new quail easily?

Just pondering at the moment

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
One male quail really needs at least 3 ladies K9 - the men are very busy during the breeding season.   At the peak of the breeding season I take the males out of their pens for a day or two to give the girls a rest.      You should be O.K. introducing 2 or 3 new girls to the pair.

COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

Quote:One male quail really needs at least 3 ladies K9 - the men are very busy during the breeding season.   At the peak of the breeding season I take the males out of their pens for a day or two to give the girls a rest.      You should be O.K. introducing 2 or 3 new girls to the pair.
Thank you.

I will have a look around and see if i can source some more.
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
I'll post mine to you if you like!

Quote:I'll post mine to you if you like!
Oh..is there a problem?
They're soooo stupid Big Grin Laying like little troopers but not a personality among them!

Ah bless :wub: