Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw horses and log splitters
I seem to remember someone posting about a log splitter on here - is it any good? OH gets the axe out but I'd like to get something a bit easier to use.

Also, OH gets frustrated when he can only cut one log at a time - so I thought about getting a saw horse? Have any of you used one? You put in a few logs at a time then chainsaw through them.

The log splitter we use is very heavy compared to the axe - it does a fantastic job but you need muscles like Popeye - or do you mean a hydraulic one.

We have a sawhorse but only saw one log at a time - I wouldn't feel safe cutting more than one log at a time ..... again I suppose it depends on the size of logs

COCKADOODLEDOO

De-stress with Poultry - and have the patience of a Broody

++++++++++++++++

I think it was me that posted about log splitter's here   Confusedmile: Mine is still working well but I find it works better on dry logs it struggles a bit with anything wet. If money was no object I would go with a hydraulic one.

Saw horses are just  frames for resting logs on whilst being cut and I agree with CDD only one log at a time should be worked on with a chain saw.

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
We use a saw horse. I feed them in and move them along whilst OH chainsaws them. If you get a good rhythm going its very quick and efficient :thumbup:

We use a saw horse here, when my 'man what does' comes over with his chainsaw to cut up logs. He's a tree cutting bod, and he only ever put one log on at a time, unless they are about 2" thick, then he'll load two at a time - he cuts, I push the logs through. Goes quickly.

You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Thanks for that - I did think it was Zenith re the log-splitter but couldn't find the post. I'm still undecided re the saw horse, but the log splitter looks like a good idea - though not sure about the price! An axe might be good exercise for OH........

Ahhhh....the link went to a £400+ log splitter...I don't think the one that Zenith meant. Found the logmaster in the video. Doing more research now...

Quote:Ahhhh....the link went to a £400+ log splitter...I don't think the one that Zenith meant. Found the logmaster in the video. Doing more research now...
It is the one in the video that I have  Confusedmile: if thinking of buying one shop about as the price range for the same thing is a big difference from low to high price. Also some offer free delivery which should be considered.
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Shopping done - that's a tick on the Christmas list :-) Many thanks for all your help!