Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New type of hive
It seems to make collecting honey easier, a bit costly but what a great invention .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMV9qYIXqM

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
That does look neat zenith. There are loads of hives out here. I sometimes think I should get a discount on a jar of honey from my neighbour for supplying his bees with blossom!
My niece has an allotment Zoe there are several hives on there ,I'm still waiting on my first jar from there.

Maximoss would be interested
If they can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.
How clever - and it looks like fewer bees are harmed. (I can't hear the video so visual clues only) 

Interesting. I used to keep bees too, and in fact there is still one hive in the garden because a wild swarm took up residence in an old empty hive a year or so ago - though I haven't disturbed them, should go through it and sort them out next spring I guess.

I can still see some problems with this idea - during the potential swarming season to keep bees properly you need to examine the hive pretty closely every 2 weeks or so to prevent swarming, which at least would mean lifting the auto-honey bit off. You can also get a one-way valve device to get the bees to leave the honey-containing boxes with hardly any bees in them so not as hectic a process as on the video. Some bees won't build their wax on plastic bases, it has been tried to get nice even frames, but maybe they have solved this.

Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.
There are four or five hives on the allotments where my niece has her plot, two of them arriving only this year. There is one chap considering the hive above even though it's costly. There seems to be a push to help the bee's in this country which I think there should be. Even local councils are turning some grass verges in to wild flower beds which to be honest look so much better than just a green strip.

cant comment on any of the above, but Maximoss' honey is delicious

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going