Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honey Locust Tree
Did you know you can make a drink out of the blossom? We made a batch this year as we have loads of them in the garden, it makes a really nice subtle drink on a hot day. Has anyone else tried it?
Not heard of it never mind tried it  Confusedmile: Is this a Rakia type brew ? Having looked it up now it say it has very little blossom but maybe that's in the UK which isn't really warm enough.

CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
It's a soft drink and the trees out here have loads of blossom and surprisingly enough it smells of honey
I like honey  Confusedmile: especially in a hot toddy . 

Sounds interesting.Can they be grown here?

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Quote:Sounds interesting.Can they be grown here?
They can be grown here k9  Confusedmile: known for their striking foliage in spring and autumn also known as the sunburst tree.
Quote:They can be grown here k9  Confusedmile: known for their striking foliage in spring and autumn also known as the sunburst tree.
I will have a looksee. Confusedmile:
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
They are lovely but viscious with thorns, good for firewood, and goats love them
just looked it up,   never seen thorns like it.   Agnes would be impaled Confusedcared:       It also says it is an invasive weed in some countries.   But I like the sound of smelling like honey!

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
I looked it up too, I'm sure I've seen it growing but can't think where. The thorns are impressive - surprised the goats like it!!
Never forget that life is a finite resource.

Experience is something you gain just after you needed it most.