Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is a Gas
Thank you  Confusedmile: That is another I will keep in mind should the one I'm going to try fails.I know all dogs are different and some are more tolerant than others to types of feed. 

She is not a fussy eater in fact she will eat everything put before her. We have slowed her eating habits down as she use to bolt her food down,We now have a bowl that slows her down as she has to work for it. 
CHUCKLERS RULE THE ROOST - Dave. Zen Seeker of The Board. rabbit run
Well just an update really  RC french bulldog food works  *cheer* she looks much better on it, so does her coat and a lot less Gas too. We can all stay in the same room now  Confusedmile: and the other two dogs don't have to race for cover along with us.

That is great news you'll save a fortune in air-freshener too.   laugh

That is good news zenith!

It is a shame companies aren't made to be more honest and make pet food ingredients easier for the average joe blogs on the street to read - maybe one of the big four supermarkets will come up with something to help sell their own label a bit more and make people realise there frequently there is no difference.

My Brittany Spaniel went onto RC when I first got him, mainly because it was the only feed with english on the back, but is now changed onto the German supermarket Kaufland own label puppy food and is doing very nicely on it.

I haven't seen any posts mentioning the protein percentage in dog feeds......

Zenith im really pleased that your dog seems happy on her food now Confusedmile:

Zoe,im not going to go into the protein side of things lol,ill let someone else do that,but high protein can make for a hectic dog!

Quote:That is good news zenith!

It is a shame companies aren't made to be more honest and make pet food ingredients easier for the average joe blogs on the street to read - maybe one of the big four supermarkets will come up with something to help sell their own label a bit more and make people realise there frequently there is no difference.

My Brittany Spaniel went onto RC when I first got him, mainly because it was the only feed with english on the back, but is now changed onto the German supermarket Kaufland own label puppy food and is doing very nicely on it.

I haven't seen any posts mentioning the protein percentage in dog feeds......
Zoe the protein content on the food is 26% it is the other contents or lack of contents that reduces the Gas levels. I do have to agree about the labeling on complete feeds it is a minefield.I have in the past tried my dogs on cheaper stocked supermarket brands  my dogs refused point blank to eat one of them and another I tried made them sick. I have also tried them with a well known denture stick and that made them sick too so I have never bothered with them again.
That is good news Zenith.

Zoe..regarding protein levels..I dont bother too much about it,puppies and young dogs need higher levels as they are growing (that is another topic) but adult dogs only need 18%or so unless they are working.As W.F. said too high protein can make dogs hyper.

Ive no idea what actual levels mine are on,i just make sure they have 4 different meats a week to make a balanced raw diet.

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
On a lighter note this made me laugh this morning considering the topic of this post. Heidi the little minx had eaten two perfumed tea light candles that we had forgotten to put out of reach last night. 

So any gas from her today should have a strawberry scent  laugh and no NTG I'm not going to try and light it  :dogrun

:hysterical

Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
Quote:On a lighter note this made me laugh this morning considering the topic of this post. Heidi the little minx had eaten two perfumed tea light candles that we had forgotten to put out of reach last night. 

So any gas from her today should have a strawberry scent  laugh and no NTG I'm not going to try and light it  :dogrun
lol!!!
We've put up with the smell from the back end of our boy for the last 6 years. We tried LOTS of different complete foods with him when we got him as he had/has a very sensitive tummy.

The complete food we ended up with? Pedigree. The last time I fed anything on pedigree was when we got our first dogs, yorkie pups, in 1990 - they came to us on pedigree puppy food. It did NOT agree with their tummies, and, since reading up about it, I decided never to use it again.

It seems to be the only thing Scooter can stomach without a very squitty reaction.

So, we offer all visitors pegs...

I know this is an old post now and the RC French bulldog worked well enough for a good while but then I was not really convinced it was the best option.
She would be fine for awhile then loose. but I stayed with it having to order it delivered as places here don't stock it.

Recently I think we have found the answer having looked more closely at ingredients. I decided to try grain free complete for her, what a difference she looks healthy and definitely less gassy. Where did I find it ? Pets at home own brand not the dearest and not the cheapest of foods. She's on the white fish recipe at the present time but they do other recipes too in the range.

I think at lot depends on the dog too, in what it can and can't tolerate  food wise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zenith's post:
  • auntsally
All mine are grain free 99.9% of the time.Fed Raw/b.a.r.f. or grain free complete on occaision if i forget to defrost something.
That is a decent food Zenith i have used it before.Bit cheaper than the R.C. !!
Goods to know thanks zenith.
You've only got one life - live it!
squizzers
Good news Zen.
Today is the First Day of the rest of our lives.