Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cycle Begins Again
All the lovely kids were sold a while back and the girls now go out during the day now that the hot weather has gone.  Today the shepherd told me Ellie and Daisy should be pregnant oh my

Poor Mollie hasn't been herself for a while now, she's lost weight and won't eat her hard feed - I have tried enticing her but she has no interest at all.  A couple of days ago she was standing shivering in the morning so she spent the day here wearing a dogs coat to try and warm her up - I cut fresh lucerne for her but there wasn't much interest.  As the day wore on she got more interested and I did a lot of searching on the net and I think there is a chance she is lacking in cobalt, even thought they have a licker - I grow comfrey so gave her some of it but she only ate a couple of leaves although I would say since then she does appear to have perked up a bit so fingers crossed - I am going into town tomorrow so will pop into the vets and see if there is something he can give me for her to help her recover from whatever this is.

If only she liked Marmite - I can share!

Oh dear Zoe,  hope you find out what is wrong with her.   My sheep used to love blackberry leaves when they were poorly.   

It never worries me when I get a little lost, all I do is change where I'm going
poor Mollie. hope you find something to get her eating again and hope she is better soon

How is she now?
Patterdales..there is no doubt they are addictive,therein lies the danger.While living with lots,you will grow poorer and stranger. dog run K9
I saw the vet about her today and he didn't really have any ideas but she has just had a jab for liver worms, if it is liver worms then she should perk up in the next week.  In the meantime I will keep on trying to get her to eat comfrey in case it is a vitamin B12 deficiency

that's Good news I guess...

When I saw your post at first and it said "All the lovely kids were sold a while back ..." I thought what a hard mother you are then realised you were on about goat kids Big Grin
ntg

Warwickshire

The view is much better from the naughty step ... Cool